Friday 25 February 2011

Death of a teddy bear

I've been doing some sorting in my office and lucky you, I've found some bits of video I want to share.

This first one is a little promotion I made some years ago for a company that sold muffins. They wanted to do a thing where, if you were a big company and ordered lots of muffins for your staff, then they'd try to get you to order even more by offering a free teddy bear. Except the angle of the promotion was that they'd kidnapped a teddy bear, and would only release it if you ordered a big box of yummies from them. I guess they thought this would make corporate desk-jockeys feel a little bit more like Bruce Willis, what with them rescuing hostages, and less like Dilbert, what with them being fat.

Anyway, I got lent a teddy by the guy who asked me to make the video, so I could film it being all tortured and threatened and stuff. What he didn't tell me was that it was his wife's teddy bear, and worth hundreds of pounts. Now I never figured this, because a) I assumed it was one of the freebie teddies, and thus I could do what I wanted to it and b) what kind of teddy costs hundreds of pounds anyway? Did it have a soul?

So I made the video and returned the teddy and the wife was horrified and he was in big trouble.

Here it is. Enjoy.


1 comment: