Sunday 12 September 2010

H based Star Wars trivia

Well, it's been an exciting few weeks. I went to Ireland, I didn't go to Cheltenham, I went back to work and I made a guitar go 'thraannng'. And thus I neglected to blog, of course. But now I'm back, and in greater numbers. For today, because Gav demanded it, here is some more of my comprehensive and enlightening Star Wars dictionary.

H


Han shoots first.




The surest sign of Lucas’ dithering descent into crapitude was his decision to change the coolest moment of Solo’s career – blasting Greedo in the nuts without warning – into a badly edited act of self defence. No matter what he did for the rest of the trilogy, it would always be viewed through a filter of namby-pamby cry-baby morality. Whereas before he came across as a super cool space cowboy who might just shoot you to see the look on your face. We can, I suppose, be thankful that we didn’t get the threatened ‘young Han’ in the prequels. No doubt we’d have learned that his dad, ‘Jim Solo’, used to beat him and that his sister was a stripper and that his only defence was blah blah blah.


Made only slightly better by the ineffectual ‘simultaneous shooting’ re-edit in the DVDs, which Just. Looked. Like. Toss.


Hoth




Hot shower? Not advisable.
Or you’ll melt the bathroom
There’s probably not much to do on an evening
Hunt the Wampa, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. H is also for Hooray, as in 'hooray, Rob did something just because I asked him to'. This makes me feel mighty and powerful, as well as cherished as a friend. But mostly mighty and powerful.

    ReplyDelete