Monday 8 March 2010

Prevarication waits for no man

Not blogged for a bit, due to unreasonable people at work expecting me to do my job. Well, i say do my job. What I really mean is 'generate a massive amount of pointless paperwork to show to people from outside who don't trust us enough to let us just get on with things'. Still, needs must.

And I have to edit some school children performing stuff and singing. Luckily this is fairly good, though it is time consuming. As a result, my brain power is running dangerously low. I find myself happy to stare at patches of light on walls, thinking 'That's nice...' I'm laughing at things that are only mildly amusing. I'm regressing. Save me before I decide to listen to Radio One.

The other day I turned on radio 4, and had a beautiful experience of the very *essence* of something. I switched on the radio, and there was silence. Complete silence, for about four seconds, and then someone with a rich, home counties accent said 'Is that right, Jennifer?' It made me happy, for reasons I can't really understand.

I've seen some good friends recently, drunk a lot of wine with them and found them all delightful and fluffy to be with. I've finished reading about Segal and am now onto Adrian Mole. I find his mid life sense of dislocation uncomfortably familiar.

Still no church. Mosaic is OK. Feel like I want a community that is nearer, though. I like to be among people, on a fairly regular basis. More thoughts on this when I have more time.

26 days until Doctor Who. I confidently predict Matt Smith will be brilliant.

I go now. Rejoice in the small things. And biscuits.

2 comments:

  1. Biscuits are small things. Unless you know where they keep the giant biscuits. Well, do you? Good to have you back and blogging Mr. Reed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh! At my place of work, a massive amount of pointless emails are generated by people *inside* the company who don't trust us enough to let us just get on with things.

    ReplyDelete